Dr. Kavanagh is a fellowship trained specialist in Oculoplastic Surgery. She enjoys the diversity of her subspecialty which includes cosmetic and reconstructive surgery of the eyelids, eyebrows, and midface, as well as treatment of tearing problems, thyroid disease, eyelid and orbital tumors and facial trauma.
Since completion of Ophthalmology training in 2005, she was accepted to one of the few fellowships recognized by the American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive surgery. This organization recognizes less than 15 physicians nationwide each year for training in this highly specialized field. She spent an additional two years training as a specialist in Oculoplastic Surgery, and during this time period alone, she participated in over 3,000 procedures.
She has published numerous articles and contributed to a number of chapters in ophthalmic textbooks. She was previously on faculty at Ohio State University and UCSF where she was nominated for several teaching awards and received the Kimura Award for excellence in resident teaching.
In her leisure time, Dr. Kavanagh enjoys hiking, skiing, running, playing the piano, and spending time with her family.
Both Dr. Kavanagh and Dr. Warren Goldblatt were nominated as the “Top Doctor” by NH Magazine in 2019. This is their 3rd straight year of being nominated in their specialty!
- BA, University of Pennsylvania
- MD, Harvard Medical School, Fulbright Scholarship
- Internship: Harvard Medical School, Cambridge Hospital
- Residency: University of California at San Francisco (UCSF)
- Fellowship: Ophthalmic Surgeons and Consultants of Ohio
- Fellow, American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Awarded a United States Fulbright Scholarship for medical study abroad
- American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Board Certified, American Board of Ophthalmology
- NH Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
- Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- American Academy of Ophthalmology